A team of students and researchers aboard the Thomas G. Thompson retrieves a suction sampler
- University of California, Santa Barbara. Publications Office
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1954-1983]
- Scientific equipment, Oceans, University of California, Santa Barbara, Scientists, Santa Barbara College, and Marine biology
- Goleta (Calif.)
- photographic prints and photographs
Title supplied by library staff from caption on back. Date from finding aid.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
A team of students and researchers aboard the Thomas G. Thompson retrieves a suction sampler or "slurp gun" just disconnected from the WASP, a one-person submarine used in marine research. Designed by UCSB marine scientist Dr. Bruce Robison, the slurp gun is used to collect fast-moving sea animals such as squid.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 21 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Departments: Marine Science Institute, c. 1954-1983
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- In Copyright
- Copyright Holder:
- University of California (System). Regents
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.