Building located on the former marine base that will be used for classrooms on the new Goleta campus
- Campus Photos
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1948-1950]
- Santa Barbara College, Universities & colleges, and Air bases
- Goleta (Calif.)
- photographic prints and photographs
Title supplied by library staff from accompanying information. Date from finding aid.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Thousands of marine airmen were trained in these building which have now been converted into attractive classrooms [sic] for Santa Barbara College of the University of California. The college will move to the 408-acre seashore site at Goleta in the fall of 1954. These temporary buildings will be used until replaced by permanent structures. A new library and science building are now nearing completion and will be ready when the college moves from the Riviera campus.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 18 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D: Goleta Campus
- Marine Base, 1948-1950, n.d.
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.