Hawiian hula. Helen Louise and Frank Ferera. Indestructible
Record: 3407. 1917.
The Indestructible Phonograph Co. of Albany, New York, produced
moulded celluloid cylinders beginning in 1907. The company made both two-
and four-minute cylinders, and the repertoire was similar to that of Edison
and Columbia cylinders. The cylinders had a thick cardboard core and metal
rim ends to keep them rigid. Production continued until 1922, and cylinders
were issued both under the Indestructible
Record label and also for Sears, Roebuck, and Co. as Oxford Indestructible
Records as pictured above. From 1908 to 1912 they were also distributed by the Columbia
Regardless of the brand under which they were sold, Indestructible
cylinders all have the same content for a given catalog numbers and
carry no company identification on the cylinder itself, so if they have become separated from
their original boxes, the different brands are indistinguishable.
Previous: Busy-Bee Cylinders
Next: U.S Everlasting Cylinders
An initiative of the UC Santa Barbara Library • (805) 893-5444 • Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010. Direct questions or comments about the project or this page to the project staff or visit the help pages.
Bo-la-bo - Lopez and Hamilton's Kings of Harmony Orchestra. (Edison Blue Amberol: 4020), Edison Record: 7146), .
Like us on Facebook
Copyright and licensing information